We listen, We believe, We support
We are the Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) Support Service for the North East of England that provide a sensitive and dedicated service to anyone who has experienced rape, sexual assault or other sexual abuse. SARCs are located in Teesside, County Durham and Northumberland/ Tyne and Wear providing support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The North East SARC Support Service offers choices, with specially trained staff who can explain and discuss all the options.
- Confidential advice
- Anonymous report to police or advocacy on your behalf with direct report to police
- Specialist medical examinations
- Specialist forensic examination, including non-intimate samples
- Storage of forensic samples, giving you time to decide on reporting to police
- Support through Police interview
- Risk and need assessment to make sure you are safe
- Referrals to external agencies with the appropriate consent for specialist counselling and therapeutic support
- Ongoing support from an Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA)
We will support you regardless of whether or not you want to report to the Police and are committed to ensuring that you receive the support you need, whatever you decide to do.
The North East SARC Support Service follow established safeguarding procedures with regard to the safety and wellbeing of all our clients.
Find your local SARC
The Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) in Teesside provides 24/7 support to anyone who has experienced rape and other sexual offences, whether this has happened recently or in the past.
SARC Northumberland Tyne & Wear opened in September 1991 to provide a free, confidential counselling, support and advice service for women (aged 16 and over at the time of the assault) who have been subjected to an attack of a sexual nature.
The Meadows Sexual Assault Referral Centre aims to provide a sensitive and comprehensive service to residents of County Durham and Darlington who have experienced rape or sexual assault.